If you were in Newcastle today, you’d know the weather was perfect for sleeping in, relaxing and drink hot choccies with 105 marshmallows. How many of these things did I actually do today?! ZERO!
We had the perfect storm of chaos, unpredictability and giddy squeals (mainly from me; squealing’s not really Jack’s thing!). I’ve been reading a lot lately about being thankful amongst the storm and while I know the storm is not meant to be taking literally, the weather makes it feel appropriate to share a couple of trivial things I’m thankful for in this business journey (that’s my disclaimer – that these are Wildflower-related, otherwise my glorious eBay delivery would be getting a serious write-up):
- Really clever people – I had a phone call today from Financial Advisor John who worked the perfect amount of small-talk (weather-related, duh!) into an otherwise intimidating conversation about contracts, the ATO and other acronyms I pretended I didn’t have to google! I am thankful that John’s passion is what I ambitiously call, ‘what I need to work on’ (but in reality I call it, ‘the boring stuff’) and his gifts can help our business be better!
- A support network – I speak all the freakin’ time about community and ‘being a product of the people around you’ (I feel like I’m saying that so often, I’m trying to make it a catch phrase) – but today I had friends and family calling me, texting me and checking in to encourage me and speak life into the start of a new week. Oh, you think we’re crazy for doing this whole thing?! Well, blame the incredible women around me – they’re the ones who put those crazy thoughts in our heads!
- OTT Sales Consultant – I had a call today from an EFTPOS follow-up who I think accidentally let slip that he’d lurked this blog (Hi James, if you’re reading!) – he seemed a little embarrassed and I laughed but honestly, it made my day! So thank you to every person secretly lurking from afar, even if I don’t know it .. you are a part of this journey, my friend!!
- Divine Appointments – Now, before you roll your eyes and disconnect from the ‘over-spiro’ part of the post, don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about here – you know those too-coincidental-to-be-a-coincident moments?! Some call it ‘everything happens for a reason’, we just call it ‘God’s timing’ and today had a couple of golden little moments I am busting to share, but Jack reminded me I needed to be objective and calm (and not frantic and unruly like my emotional instincts are telling me to be!)
- Partner in Crime – Yep, the same one telling me to calm my farm – Jack is the one that inspires, entertains and helps me. Plus, he is the coolest ever; he’s watching the new series of Dragon Ball Super right now (wait! that’s cool, right?!). So I am thankful for him today and am excited to see what the next 100 years of choosing each other is going to look like. Cringing yet?! Don’t worry, I’m done!